James Barton Design-Build: A Premier Minnesota Home Remodeling and Renovation Company
When we opened our doors in 1997, it was with one goal: To work closely with each of our clients in order to provide an outstanding home renovation experience with as little disruption as possible. In each home remodeling project, we achieve this by:
- Stressing open and honest communication with the homeowners we serve
- Utilizing carefully developed home design planning, project management, and home construction processes and procedures to assure that we meet the expectations of our clients
- Working together with suppliers and sub-contractors that share our high standards
Today, James Barton Design-Build is known and respected as a top award-winning home remodeling company in the Twin Cities. With over two decades in business, we continue to uphold the high values and standards that have served as the foundation for thousands of satisfied client relationships. Contact us today to learn more about our home remodeling team and let’s work together to bring to life your dreams for your home.
Each year “Remodeling Magazine” recognizes 50 companies who have set the standard for professionalism and integrity through smart marketing, exemplary business practices, unique design, and extraordinary impact in their community or the industry at large. We are proud to include James Madsen, of James Barton Design-Build, as one of our Big50 inductees.
Sal Alfano, Editorial Director, Remodeling Magazine
Home Remodeling Training and Certifications
We are proud to participate in educational and certification programs whenever possible in order stay up-to-date with code requirements, new industry materials, and techniques. These opportunities provide us with the information and experience to be experts on the latest home renovation trends, including green home remodeling, renovation, and construction. Regardless of the size and scope of your project, you can be assured that our home design and renovation recommendations are based on the latest and greatest information and trends in the home remodeling industry.
JBDB holds the following certifications:
- Certified Remodeler
- Certified Aging in Place Specialists
- Certified Active Adult Specialist in Housing.
Home Remodeling, Construction & Business Associations
Professional associations help keep our Twin Cities home remodeling team sharp and on top of the latest home remodeling and renovation innovations and advances. James Barton Design-Build is proud to be part of the organizations and associations listed below.
Award Winning Home Remodeling and Construction
Everyone likes to win awards, including our homeowners! They love it when their home and ideas, together with our designers and craftsman, receive the recognition of our industry peers. Bring us your winning ideas and we will always work to achieve excellence. If we’re lucky, we’ll also achieve an award!
2017 - BATC Home Remodeler of the Year
ROMA Awards 2016 - Remodeler of Merit Award
2015 ROMA Awards
ROMA Awards 2015 - Remodeler of Merit Award
John Miller Named "40 Under 40" by Professional Remodeler
Top 500 Remodelers Award 2008
Contractor of the Year Awards (COTY)
- 2018 – Residential Kitchen Category
- 2016 – Residential Bathroom Category
- 2015 – Regional COTY Award Winner for Exterior Category
- 2014 – Residential Exterior Specialty Category
- 2014 – Residential Bathroom Category
- 2014 – Universal Design Category
- 2013 – Interior Element Category
- 2013 – Residential Interior Category
- 2012 – Interior Specialty Category
- 2011 – Residential Bathroom Category
- 2011 – Residential Kitchen Category
- 2010 – Residential Kitchen Category
- 2009 – Residential Kitchen Category
Other Awards and Recognitions
- 2017 – BATC Remodeler of the Year
- 2014 – Qualified Remodeler Top 500 and Remodeling Magazine Top 550
- 2014 – Achievement in Consumer Excellence Award (ACE)
- 2013 – Qualified Remodeler Top 500 and Remodeling Magazine Top 550
- 2012 – Qualified Remodeler Top 500 and Remodeling Magazine Top 550
- 2012 – John Miller Named “40 Under 40” by Professional Remodeler Magazine
- 2011 – Achievement in Consumer Excellence Award (ACE)
- 2010 – Achievement in Consumer Excellence Award (ACE)
- 2008 – Top 500 Remodelers in the Country
The truth is, awards are really more for our homeowners than they are for us. They’re the ones who made the award possible by bringing us their dreams and by placing their trust in our work.
James Madsen, Owner & President, James Barton Design-Build
James Barton Design-Build Gives Back and Stays Actively Involved Within Our Community
Building a successful business includes being a good citizen to the communities we serve. We are proud to be active in our community and abroad, supporting the needs of today and helping to prepare for the future.
The Giving Back Program
In 2016, we proudly announced a new program called “Giving Back.” As a company, we believe it’s essential to give back to communities, to organizations and to others and this program allows us to do just that. At the completion of each home remodeling project, James Barton Design-Build makes a charitable donation on the client’s behalf to one of the following charities: Ronald McDonald House, Susan G. Komen Foundation, Minnesota Animal Humane Society or the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. It’s that simple.
JBDB Regularly Contributes to These Community and Philanthropic Causes:
- JBDB, BATC and Volunteers Reach Out to Local Veteran
- JBDB Helps Collect Donations for Golden Valley Humane Society
- Congressman John Kline Honors James Madsen, Wife Mary Jo Lageson, and Family
- JBDB and Builders Outreach Foundation Reach Out to Past Clients in Need
- Member and Frequent Sponsor of Apple Valley Chamber of Commerce Events
- Local Remodeler Helps Ronald McDonald House Help Others
- Remodeling the Apple Valley Chamber of Commerce offices
- Redesigning of the field house for the Apple Valley Athletic Association (AVAA)
- JBDB Hosts Blood Drive
When James Madsen heard the Chamber was considering moving into new offices, he offered to build a new conference room and storage room at no cost to the Chamber. The following year, he built an addition to the community center. This year, he provided a daycare in a building he co-owns and helped them purchase and install a new playground. True philanthropy is when you just do what is right and needed without asking for notoriety.
Ed Kearney, President, Apple Valley Chamber of Commerce
Send a Message
Learn more about our residential remodeling services and contact us to get started on your project today!
"*" indicates required fields