For years, James Barton Design-Build has proudly donated and given our time to a number of causes throughout the Twin Cities that support the health and livelihood of animals waiting to be adopted. It’s safe to say that we are animal lovers. This should come as no surprise to any of our home renovation clients who have visited our office as there is always at least one dog roaming around.
Earlier this month, the JBDB team spent the day volunteering at our local Humane Society. On October 4th, our home renovation team arrived at 6:30 a.m. onsite and quickly got to work revamping the outdoor play yard. Over the next eight hours, we worked alongside A to Z landscaping and other NARI Cares members to create a beautiful outdoor space for the animals to enjoy year-round.
Below are just some of the tasks our design team was fortunate to help out with:
- Removed 40 yards of old bark landscaping
- Scraped out weeds and rocks from under the old woodchips landscaping
- Put down landscaping fabric to prevent weeds from coming back
- Built a landscaping perimeter using green-treated lumber
- Installed 50 tons of new rock on top of the fabric
- Repaired a concrete retaining wall that was deteriorating
We’d especially like to thank our partner Lamperts Lumber for donating various materials for this project.
This was an incredible team building experience and a great opportunity to benefit a very worthy cause. Be sure to stop by the Golden Valley Humane Society to see the beautiful new play yard and visit the Humane Society’s website to discover how you can support animals in need in your community.